Useful Info

Emergency Contacts


Gas Emergency

In the event of smelling gas, call the Gas emergency Helpline 0800 111 999.  More information can be found on the National Grid website.

Power Cuts

To report a power cut, call the Power Cut Helpline 105.  More information can be found on the Power Cut 105 website

Hospital A&E

The local A&E is at the Horton Hospital, Oxford Road, Banbury OX16 9AL.  The main switchboard is 0300 304 7777 and more information can be found on the Horton Hospital website.


The local police force is Thames Valley Police, in emergencies contact them on 999, for non emergency situations use 101.


To report a water leak that isn't on your property, you can report it via the Thames Water website.

Non-emergency Contacts

Bin Collection

The dates for bin collection in Cherwell can be found on the Bin Collection Calendar. More information about what should go in each bin can also be fund on the Rubbish and Recycling website.

Noise Nuisance

Cherwell Council are able to take action against: Neighbours, DIY, House alarms, Car alarms and Anti-social behaviour.  Visit the noise reporting website for more details.

Bad Parking

To report bad or illegal parking consider looking at the Highway Code Rule 243 before reporting to the Police or via the Report Bad Parking website.


Potholes are dealt with by Oxfordshire County Council and should be reported using the online reporting tool.  To claim for damage or injury as a result of potholes visit this website.

Council Tax Valuation Appeals

You typically have six months from moving in to challenge the Council Tax Banding on your home.  A great article for challenging the Banding is on the Money Saving Expert website. To see your current banding visit the Council Tax Valuation website and to start an appeal visit the Government website.

Local MP 

The local MP in Banbury is Victoria Prentis and she can be contacted via her website.

Dog Fouling

To report dog fouling in Cherwell, visit the dog fouling website.